If You Find An Injured Songbird

How to: Songbird Cover

Robin chicks waiting to be fed. Photo by Bryan Calabro.

About this image

How to Help Songbirds

Carolina Raptor Center is only licensed to help injured or orphaned birds of prey. If you find any other type of bird or wild animal, one of these licensed rehabilitators may be able to help. Please note that during the busy orphan season (April-July), you may have to leave a message on their answering machine.

Songbird Rehabbber Details

Carolina Waterfowl - Indian Trail 704.286.6330 (text) or hotline@cwrescue.org

  • Tara Collins - Salisbury 704.310.7418
  • Carolina Wildlife Conservation Center - Denver 980.389.1133
  • VHS Wildlife Rehab Center - Asheboro 336.879.7644
  • Blue Ridge Wildlife - Banner Elk 828.898.2568 (they have transport from areas up to 2 hours away)
  • Carolina Wildlife Care - Columbia SC 803.772.3778

If you are unable to find help with a songbird and need to bring it to Carolina Waterfowl Rescue please just drive it over to their facility located at 5403 Poplin Road, Indian Trail, NC. You do not need to call them just bring the bird over. They have a 24 hour drop off area for birds but in general someone is there between 8 am and 3 pm and 6pm to 8pm every day with the exceptions of Sundays. If no one is there, please place the bird in one of the containers provided on the front porch area of the rescue that is screened in with lattice. After you have left the bird, please send a text or call to (704) 668-9486 advising that a bird was left in the drop off area.

You must carry a federal permit in order to possess wildlife longer than 24 hours.